Followers

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Training @ Batu Caves

15th June, Sunday. As usual, I went for exercise and train my strength and stamina towards my upcoming Mt. KK expedition. My KK's companion was not free, therefore I go for my own. At first, I'd planned to go to Bkt. Melawati.. mm.. that's abit tough. Then, suddenly Batu Caves came into my mind. Okay, since I have never visit Batu Caves in my life and now is time to discover while jog at there.

Batu Caves is located nearby Kepong and Setapak but it is considered as Selangor territorial. The cave is one of the most popular Hindu shrines outside India, dedicated to Lord Muruga. It is the focal point of the annual Thaipusam festival.


There have a lot of pigeons in the center of the Batu Caves. There have peoples are feeding it.


This big statue was built recently. I believe around in 2006. It standing at 42.7 meter high.

There have total 272 steps of staircase and it takes me about average 4 minutes to reach at the top. This is much easier than what I expected. Therefore I go for 2 round.


Seem like I getting tired after the 2nd round of climbing.

Further inside the cave, there is about another 100 meter distance to the end.

Guess what? I taken this photo 90 degree from bottom to the top.


Towards to the end of the cave, there is another short staircase. The length of the staircase is shorter. My feet size of 9 is not able to fit the step.

Small temple at the end of the cave.


9.00am - Is time for going to breakfast. Bye bye.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

i really salute u...
life is so interesting....
so determined...

Keep it up


dkj